Sunday, May 01, 2005

Fill-In-The-Blank Catholics


For me, the word "Cafeteria" fills in the blank. I've recently discovered there are many other bloggers who fill in the blank with other words to describe their Catholic-ness in their corner of the blogosphere.

Now, I realize there are hundreds or thousands of blogs created by Catholics. (Some of them are great reading!) Today, I want to recognize those blogs who, like Cafeteria Catholic, proudly proclaim their "fill-in-the-blank" in their name.

While we may or may not agree on our views on the Church or the world, I'm proud to be in the company of Extreme Catholic, Relapsed Catholic, Classic Catholic, Cradle Catholic (the Classic and the Cradle appear to be sleeping), Unapologetic Catholic, Bad Catholic, Cyber Catholics, Wired Catholic, Happy Catholic, the "stately" Texas Catholic and Michigan Catholic, and the Mere Catholics, which is created by a Cajun Catholic and a Canadian Catholic. And, while not exactly a blog, Still Catholic definitely lives in the fill-in-the-blank cyber neighborhood.

What a great neighborhood! And, I know this is probably just one of its many wonderful blocks. If and when I can figure out how to create a blogroll, I'll make a "Fill-In-The-Blank" Blogroll that lists my fellow fill-in-the-blank Catholic bloggers. If you're the author of (or visitor) to a fill-in-the-blank Catholic blog I haven't listed, please let me know.

Meanwhile, how to you decribe your Catholic-ness? Whether you have a blog or not, what's your fill-in-the-blank?

5 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, May 02, 2005, Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

You can sign up with BlogRoll - it's free although now they do offer a premium service. You just put the HTML code in your template and you'll be good to go!

Here's the link http://news.blogrolling.com/blog

 
At 8:33 PM, May 02, 2005, Blogger CafeCath said...

Thanks, Elena -- I'll check it out.

 
At 7:26 AM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Talmida said...

I sometimes describe myself as a zen catholic. I try to be fully present in the moment (but I don't often succeed!). At the moment, I guess I'm a developing catholic -- developing into what, I'm not quite sure. But I'm enjoying the ride.

:)

 
At 11:32 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger CafeCath said...

Welcome Talmida -- Two wonderful words...zen and developing. You just can't go wrong there! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll become a regular here.

Namaste!

 
At 7:57 AM, May 06, 2005, Blogger CafeCath said...

Unapologetic --
I hear you! I went through an "apologetic" period -- feeling like I was "doing it wrong". No longer!! If I'm seen as different, then so be it. I'm still Catholic.

Again, welcome!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home