Thursday, August 04, 2005

Thank You, Claire


I received a Thank You card in the mail yesterday from my goddaughter, who was recently confirmed. The note came in a package that contained a beautifully framed photo of the two of us on her confirmation day. There we stand proudly, flanked by a bishop and a couple of priests. Her handwritten words were simple.

Thank you for being my sponsor at confirmation. I am very blessed to have you as my godmother so that you may lead me down the path to heaven.
My first thought was, "is that what I signed up for?" My second: Does she know who her godmother is?

Kidding aside, it was a touching note. And, while leading anyone down the path to heaven is a weighty responsibility, this is one I'll gladly take on. With her, it'll be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home