Monday, March 13, 2006

Just Like Mine


A few months back I was gifted a sleek 2GB white nano ipod. Today, it travels with me everywhere -- the gym, the car, airplanes and all points in between. I even have a nifty clock radio on my bedside where my friendly little nano can rest and recharge, then supply me with my favorite music to wake to in the morning.

Truth is, I love my nano.

Recently, our Holy Father received a similar gift from the good folks at Vatican Radio. According to this story from Catholic News Service, Pope Benedict received a nano just like mine to mark Vatican Radio's 75th anniversary.
The pope's new 2-gigabyte digital audio player already was loaded with a sampling of the radio's programming in English, Italian and German and musical compositions by Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Frederic Chopin, Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky and Igor Stravinsky. The stainless steel back was engraved with the words "To His Holiness, Benedict XVI" in Italian.
At last count, my non-engraved nano had 165 songs, including such artists as Black Eyed Peas, u2, Chris Isaak, Keith Urban, Gretchen Wilson and a few podcasts.

Do you suppose the Holy Father would swap mixes with a Cafeteria Catholic?

2 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Now what we need is a silhouette picture of the pope with his ipod - you know, the black silhouette, orange background, and the ipod all in white?

 
At 10:08 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger CafeCath said...

Steve - I saw such a thing on "The Tonight Show". Just as you envisioned! It was a hoot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home