Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wasting Valuable Time


I've found a lot of ways to waste valuable time with my computer.
(Check the archives...they include links to many of them.)
The latest is an ingenious innovation by the good folks at Google.

The Google Image Labeler makes the drudgery of labeling pictures into a game you can play with others.

I can just imagine the meeting in Silicon Valley when someone at Google said, "We have all these images...how will we ever label them all?" And, a co-worker said, "let's put people to work on it...for free." Their conclusion: "Let's make a game."

With a few clicks you can find yourself in competition with a virtual stranger as you race to label pictures of animals, landscapes and snapshots of famous and infamous people.

Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

Well, check it out.

I'll warn you. It's surprisingly addictive.

6 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, November 27, 2007, Blogger Cindy said...

well, well, well! You're back! :-0
I'll have to check out the labels! Very fun!! Thanks for the tip!

 
At 10:43 AM, October 30, 2008, Blogger Catholic Knight said...

Here's a GREAT blog entry for Cafeteria Catholics...
Why Cafeteria Catholics Love The Episcopal Church

 
At 3:16 PM, June 04, 2009, Anonymous xpogi said...

I am a Catholic convert out of the evangelical protestant tradition.

I am very devout and have a deep love and devotion for the Real Presence.

I agree with the Magisterium on all points of faith and morals except for their teachings on "sexual morality". (I cannot believe that it is mortal sin four my wife and I to engage in oral sex for instance.)

Is there a place for me in the cafeteria?

 
At 8:09 AM, July 08, 2009, Anonymous Peter Menkin said...

Dear Blogger:
I am a new Religion Writer for San Francisco Examiner.com.

I tried to reach you at your email (yahoo address). The email bounced. So I am leaving a comment.

I would like to talk to you by email regarding Cafeteria Comment, people who are. I plan an article on the subject soon.

Will you contact me via email:
menkbabeus@yahoo.com. I have used my main email in logging to this comment. If you have access to it, use that one.

With thanks for your willingness,
Yours sincerely,
Peter
Peter Menkin
Mill Valley, CA USA
(north of San Francisco)

 
At 5:53 PM, July 20, 2011, Anonymous usa cafe said...

Why it doesn't make me addictive with this google image labeler? Maybe because your blog is old though.

 
At 1:44 AM, June 07, 2016, Blogger Word Ware Inc said...


Thanks for sharing the information, I love the way you expressed, It was so interesting. I will keep you follow. Please share more regularly !!


foodservice school program, School Lunch program, Business lunch software, Food service point of sale, Point of Sale for School cafeteria, cafeteria POS program, cafeteria POS software

 

Post a Comment

<< Home