Saturday, October 07, 2006

I Never Knew


From the "Things I Never Knew About The Catholic Church" file comes this, via the Associated Press.
She stood at the altar in a white gown and veil, but she was there for no earthly man. Lori Rose Cannizzaro was dedicating her virginity to Jesus.

Saturday's rare Catholic ceremony, one her own pastor didn't know existed, turned the 42-year-old into a 'consecrated virgin.' Fewer than 200 women in the United States and 2,000 worldwide have declared their perpetual virginity this way, according to U.S. Association of Consecrated Virgins.
I don't know which I find more surprising: that the 21st Century Catholic Church is consecrating virgins, or that those of them in U.S. have their own Association, with a web site, no less.

I'm going with the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home