Sunday, August 14, 2005

Catholic Current Events


I just love the Sunday paper. Always have. Even though I get most of my news electronically during the week these days, I still love to linger over all the Sunday news that's fit to print. It's been a habit since I can remember. Mom and Dad always made reading the paper a priority, which encouraged me to do the same. And, my Catholic high school experience included a current events quiz every Monday. So, reading the Sunday paper was, for a time, homework.

Well, I see that Catholics have made the headlines quite a bit this week. So, class, it's time for a quiz.

Check out BeliefNet's current events quiz for the week. Report in with your score, if you'd like.

Me? I scored a 90% Big help that I've been reading the paper. Plus, while I think teaching creationism in schools has serious flaws, apparently Judge Roberts doesn't share my opinion.

Enjoy your Sunday.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, August 15, 2005, Blogger Bob said...

I scored 70% with several correct guesses. Speaking of guesses, creationism & "intelligent design" have no place in a science class. They are religious "theories" invented to make facts fit doctrine. There is no science in the Bible (the Hebrews didn't understand why unrefrigerated pork & shellfish were dangerous), & the history isn't trustworthy either.

 
At 7:20 AM, August 16, 2005, Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Also a 70. I bow before you oh great Cafeteria one!

But the real question is - was this test simply created, or was it done with intelligent design?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home