Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm new!


Remember the scene from the movie "The Jerk" when Steve Martin finds great delight in seeing his name in a phone book for the first time? "The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here!" he loudly and proudly proclaims. He feels like he has arrived. At last, he is somebody.

I'm feeling a little like Navis Johnson myself.

The Cafeteria was recently listed in the Catholic Blog Directory. It's the equivalent of the phone book for Catholic blogs. Currently, there are 775 blogs included in the directory. Right there in the "C" listings, the Cafeteria Catholic is listed between Cafe Susanna and The Cafeteria is Closed. (Of course, this Cafeteria is always open!) What I find particularly fun is that this barely year-old blog is listed as "NEW".

There's something refreshingly official about it all. A grateful tip of the hat to the good folks at the CBD.

Maybe, I'm not a jerk after all. Rather, I've arrived.

1 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, May 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding whether or not the cafeteria is open or closed, I say that it isn't closed, it's just that some people are standing in a different buffet line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home