Monday, May 01, 2006

One


Here we are in the merry month of May already. Before we get too far into this month I want to take a moment to mark a milestone that happened a few days ago. The Cafeteria Catholic passed the first anniversary of blogdom recently.

It's been a year since that night when I was inspired by a cup to create a blog about my particular brand of Catholicism. At the time, I felt compelled to write everyday. I was particularly pissed off at the time that Cafeteria Catholics like myself were being silenced as we welcomed a new pope. I had a lot to say. I needed to write about how being a Catholic (even a cafeteria-style version) is just part of who I am. I felt compelled to speak up for those who had the courage to speak out against what they were experiencing in our church. And, I was the first to admit I didn't have a clue about what it was to be a Catholic blogger.

More than 365 days have passed, and I'm the first to admit I still don't have a clue. And, that same spirit that inspired me to write every day a year ago now prompts me to check in about once a week. I'm grateful to the small, but loyal following that has taken a moment or two out of their lives to check in here from time to time. I hope you'll keep visiting. And, I hope I'm inspired to keep writing a bit from time to time.

Meanwhile, here we are once again celebrating the month of Mary.

Happy May Day!

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, May 02, 2006, Blogger Talmida said...

Happy Blogiversary! St. Blog's would be a poorer parish without you.

:)

 
At 7:07 AM, May 06, 2006, Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Yes, I'll echo what Talmida said! I'm glad you started this blog, and for the contributions you make.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home