Tuesday, August 08, 2006

10,292


That's the number of steps my pedometer has registered today. And, more importantly, it surpasses the goal of 10,000 steps per day printed right below those lcd numbers.

I've mentioned before that I've been working out, in part to get in shape and, in another part, to ward off the effects of too much blogging. Knowing that working out, and finding all the ways I possibly can to make it interesting, is an ongoing feat for me, my husband tucked a pedometer in my stocking last Christmas.

Unfortunately, after a brief period of initial use, the pedometer has been buried in my gym bag ever since. But, after rediscovering amidst dirty ol' socks and gum wrappers, I've resurrected the trusty pedometer and put it to work this week.

Sunday, I registered 6,000 steps. Monday, which included an early morning workout at the gym, took me to 7,500. Tonight, after another early morning workout and taking advantage of every opportunity I could find to walk during the day, I was looking at 9,500 steps after dinner. Way too close to call it a day. So, I headed out for an after dinner stroll down the street. Gratefully, I passed the 10,000 milestone with ease.

I've come to the conclusion that 10,000 steps takes effort. It does, indeed, far exceed the number of steps the average adult human would take on their own in an average day working at an average job at an average office as an average business professional.

While I'm committed to working out in the early morning hours three or four days a week, I'm not ready to make this an everyday ingredient to achieving my goal of 10,000 steps every day.

Got any ideas? I'm all ears...well, actually, feet.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, August 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, 10,000 steps!

Well, you could get a treadmill, and set it up so that you could walk while you blog.

Then you would be following Paul's admonition to "be careful how you walk...making the most of your time because the days are evil." Eph. 5:15.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home