Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Honoring My Mother


I told my mom about my blog. And, being the computer savvy mom she is, she said she's stop by the Cafeteria for a visit. (And, I wanted to make sure she felt welcomed!) She may or may not comment here, but she will tell me what she thinks. I look forward to that.

Now, I'll admit that as I was telling her about the Cafeteria Catholic, I did do a quick review of my posts to date -- especially that first one, where I declared my disagreements with the church. (Mom, please be sure and read this early post, where I talked about some of the things I love about the Catholic church...and this one, where I proudly proclaim that being Catholic is just part of who I am - thanks in large part to you, Mom!) I didn't want to shock her (and I don't think I have) or dissappoint (and I hope not).

Of course, the reason I told her about it was she was relaying a story about her belief that priests should be allowed to marry, and in fact several priests actually are. I said, "Mom, you should read this post on my blog..." That was it. I had outed myself.

And, I was reminded I have a have a pretty cool mom! She leans farther to the left than I do, but not too far. And, she's more reverent than I am, but not too reverent. Wow, a reverent Catholic that leans to the left. In some circles, that's considered "bad". But, not here! In my opinion, she's a very good Catholic who has raised a family of good Catholics who are now raising their families of good Catholics...all pretty much cafeteria-style. Just the way I like it.

Welcome Mom, and thanks. I love you.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, May 28, 2005, Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I happen to come from a long line of reverent Catholics who lean to the left!

Like you say ... it's a big cafeteria!!

 
At 9:03 PM, May 30, 2005, Blogger CafeCath said...

Susan -- I'm sure you'd love my mom! Welcome! So nice to have you here in the Cafeteria. I hope you'll stop by often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home